Saturday, March 28, 2009

Back Down Memory Lane!

Wow! My title is a cliche' that may have come to mind when many in my class did their interviews for the current essay assignment. For me, however, it is has a double representation that still fits my assignment. My piece is about how I view my mother's strength through adversity and her special affinity to music. The title is a line from a song I have heard played around me all my life. I can't help not to smile while strolling down memory lane, thinking of days when music steadily filled the air around our home, and the rest of my families'. To this day, as a song comes on the radio, whoops and hollers often come over everyone, while people excitedly swap memories permanently ingrained in the notes. If you are getting a visual of a Tyler Perry movie right about now, that is truly appropriate. Days with us can go that way with a simple blowing of the wind.

During my interview, I had only a limited amount of space available on my recorder; however, the further I went with my mom into the questions, the more I knew I wanted to talk. Actually, I probably needed to talk because before long we were babbling over one another. I brought it under control; however, in my mind I knew I could go all day with her. I know that for posterity's sake, I'll have to go back and redo the moment. There are so many details that need to be on record of her experiences. Plus, I want to have our voices on tape having fun like that. I really think I need to-informally. I want to hear songs playing in the background, instead of in my mind. During the whole interview of information I had heard a thousand times, yet somehow had a couple pieces off here and there, I steadily heard Minnie Riperton hitting her high notes and singing sweet and clear the words... Back down memory lane!!

Be Blessed,

Kharamel

1 comment:

  1. I'm like that with my mother...one thing leads to another.

    K. Smith
    Eng. 226

    ReplyDelete